Thursday, February 15, 2007

As I sit here on the last Thursday night before I go back to work(Grey's Night for those of you who know me well!!)I am once again counting my lucky stars for this precious smile. I was thinking just today how much he has grown, and is really starting to show his personality. As I walked up the stairs yesterday from running errands, I found a bouquet of flowers and thought to myself that Shane was really sweet, then when I read the card, it had a far deeper meaning than I had first anticipated. It was from Mims. I know what you are thinking, he must be really advanced if he could get those flowers himself already, and pick the sweet card that talked about how he couldn't wait to give me a Valentine hug, but with that aside..I once again thought how lucky am I to have this gift from God! I now have a Sweet Valentine for the rest of my life. Unconditional love. It is what we all dream of, and live for each day. I never knew that I could love something so much. My mom once told me someday that I will learn what it feels like to be sad when your child is sad, to be happy when they smile, and to be terrified when they show fear...I never knew how true those words were until now. My purpose in life has changed so much in the past two months. I thanked Shane just today for giving me the best two things that a girl could ever ask for...a wonderful husband, and the sweetest baby in the world!!!!

1 comment:

CINDY said...

God has given you two wonderful
gifts. Remember to always cherish
and be thankful (As I know you will) for each day. We are all
truly blessed for each of you. love your aunt cindy.