Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I think that I should tell a little about myself, my family and how this wonderful blessing came into our lives. Shane and I got engaged in Aug 05, and were married April 8, 2006. We spent a wonderful week in Lake Tahoe, and that is where the miracle started. At first we were a little shocked that it happened so fast. We weren't sure how to file taxes for getting married, and having a child all in the same year. I mean really, what boxes do you check. After the initial shock, I went into total baby mode. I started on the insulin pump. For those of you who know me know that I have been against this all my life, but when they told me that it was the safest thing for the baby, I was all for it. It has made a world of difference in my life, and I feel 100% better that I did before I was on it. It has made a huge difference in my ability to take care of this gift from God that he has given us. I was having a lot of low blood sugars, and it was going to be hard in this pattern because I am home with the baby a lot, and I couldn't take of the baby if I was having some trouble taking care of myself. But enough about me.
Shane got a new job as soon as we got back from the honeymoon, and has been working there ever since. He likes it a lot, but it is a lot of hard work. He gets sad because he doesn't see the baby as much as he would like.
We had some tragedy in our lives during the summer months. First Shane's grandmother died, after a long fight with cancer. We are very sad that she will never get to meet mims, but I am convinced that we he shows us those precious smiles while he is sleeping, that he is being kissed and loved by all the angels up there on his side. Speaking of angels, Not even two months later, Shane's step dad passed away somewhat unexpectedly. It was starting out to be a sad summer, and only got worse before better. Leading me to the story of where RYAN MIMS came from....
When we were younger , we called our great grandmother Mim, or mimi. She was one of the most extraordinary people I have ever met, and we miss her every day, so I always said that my first born would be Mims whether boy or girl. This idea coming from when I was about 14. We were not sure of the first name, trying to think of a "K" name, following in the tradition of the family, and looking for something to go with mims. Then we were hit with tragedy of a different kind. The week before July 4th, my 21 year old cousin, Ryan Davidson had a fatal motorcycle accident. My family was shocked and very sad. It was hard for us to be excited about this life inside of me with all this sadness around us. The day that we turned the machines off was the day that I decided to name the baby Ryan Mims. Ryan loved babies so much and they always seemed to cling to him as well. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him, and miss him. He would be so excited to know that we named the baby after him.
It has also brought a small amount of joy to my aunt Cindy. She is so precious when she is holding on to him. She is constantly warning me that if he turns out anything like his name sake I am in trouble...I just hope that he grows up and has Ryan's sweet heart.
As we begin this journey in our lives together, I am reminded not to question God's plan, and where it leads you in life, but only to believe in it, and remember...Life Goes On!!!!!!
I thank god every day that we have such a healthy and thriving little man. I see hardships all around us, and our friends suffering with complications from there own pregnancy, and childbirth. I think having Ryan, Nannie, and Arthur up there watching over us and sweet baby mims, we are doing OK. I tell Shane every day that we should drop to our knees every day and let God know how thankful we are. So far the journey has been a tough one, but we are only getting started and are growing more and more in our faith every day. Thank you for all of your prayers along the way. Every bit helps, so don't stop. I myself am praying for all of you as well.

2 comments:

CINDY said...

Ryan Mims Morris

I am one of your name sakes
my name is Ryan
as you grow in life you will learn
alot more about me from your mom
and dad and other family
I already know about you and will
be one of you guardian angels
through out your life
You will learn of me and my smile
and loving heart

I will see your smile
even when no one else does
You have a wonderful life ahead of
you and I want you to know
MIM and I
will be with you each day!!!
ryan davidson.....

Kerry and Shane, I wrote this to
Mims a couple of weeks before he
was born but needed the right time
to share it with you. Thank you for all of the wonderful things you
do to help us all get through. We
love Ryan Mims and you have a
wonderful set of namesakes to watch
over all three of you.
love, aunt cindy

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

hey kerry,

that is so sweet! i know that little mims just makes your aunt cindy smile every time she see's him. if mims is anything like ryan i know he will have all the ladies! ryan was a sweetie! i have been checking your blog out and mims is just precious...hope you don't mind!! i wish you and your family the best! rj says, "war eagle!"

jennifer covin hughes